Professional Training and Consultation Services
JAC Patrissi is a communications and design consultant specializing in training design, facilitation and ethical supervisory approaches. JAC brings extensive leadership experience to her consultations, designing and facilitating victim services projects forÂ criminal justice,Â community-based advocacyÂ andÂ social services professionals. Her approach is based on the premises of Popular Education and its outgrowth, Dialogue Education.
When our daily work is in service to others, it renders us acutely aware of the dynamics of power. In designing our projects and trainings, we can employ a set of principles that areÂ respectful,Â empoweringÂ andÂ accountable. We can ensure that participants’ contributions and learning are at the center of every design, and that we are continually inspired by the voices of those we serve.
As leaders and supervisors, we can navigate even the most complex terrain to forgeÂ effective relationships that will meet our project goals.
As trainers, we can improve even our most successful designs by:
- creating the most effective sequencing of learning tasks
- that ensure the participants know they are learning
- in aÂ respectful,Â energeticÂ andÂ challengingÂ forum
- that offers participantsÂ positive engagementÂ
- with ideas, attitudes, skills and concepts carefully selected
- toÂ meet the learning outcomesÂ that the participants can accountably obtain.